Kuzhekin/Sinaisky/Pentatone/Tchaikovsky & Grieg

Recent verschenen Forums Lezersforum Kuzhekin/Sinaisky/Pentatone/Tchaikovsky & Grieg

Weergave van 2 reactie threads
  • Auteur
      Helmuth Waehringer
      Gast

Good day!
      I’m German, my name is Helmuth Waehringer and I’m writing from Australia. I’m a frantic collector of Tchaikovsky’s First Piano Concerto. I can honestly say that I own all commercial recordings, with just a few exceptions. So I bought the most recent one, by Kozhuhkin and Sinaisky. I was disappointed. I came across your review, read it – although in Google Translate – and found that your opinion matched mine. Nevertheless, the reviews I saw so far were all positive to the extreme. Why? I don’t know. It appears to me that the reviewers’ judgment was based on a lack of historical perspective. There is really nothing special about this performance, neither in the Tchaikovsky nor in the Grieg. I know that you share my view because it was also in your writing. Well, you happen to be an exception. Not bad in a world in which mimicking has become a real profession!
      Best regards and good luck with your site!

• #831 Reageer
      Opus Klassiek
      Gast

Dear Helmuth, the proof is always in eating the pudding. I cannot tell you why all those reviews have been so positive. I don’t even care. I just listen and follow my own path. That is fairly it. Best wishes, Aart van der Wal

• #835 Reageer
      Erik
      Gast

Alles beter dan de recente opname van Ingolf Wunder uit St. Petersburg, die het plot al na de openingsmaten kwijt lijkt te zijn, en ook nog eens door de waas van een gesteriliseerde live opname heen moet spelen!

Weergave van 2 reactie threads
Reageer op: Reactie #835 in Kuzhekin/Sinaisky/Pentatone/Tchaikovsky & Grieg
Je informatie:

Annuleren